I am a local author. How do I get my book added to the library's collection?
Last Updated: Mar 30, 2023 Views: 5028
Wake County Public Libraries (WCPL) supports local authors by providing a process for their books to gain exposure as part of our circulating book collection. Local authors are defined as those residing in North Carolina with particular emphasis on those in the Triangle region.
The process for local authors to submit their materials for potential donation is as follows:
- Download and complete our “Local Author Submission Form" (below)
- Submit a printed copy of the book for review to your local library or mail a copy to the Library Administration Building.
Wake County Public Libraries
Attn: Local Author Book Review
Library Administration Building
4020 Carya Drive
Raleigh, NC 27610
- All mailed books become the property of Wake County Public Libraries and will not be returned.
- WCPL will respond directly to the author only if the book is accepted for inclusion in the circulating collection.
- If the book is accepted for inclusion, the author will donate copies for this purpose at the direction of Wake County Public Libraries.
- Books for young children are only accepted in hardback format (Picture Books and Beginning Readers).
- Spiral bound books are not accepted.
- Consumable books (workbooks, fill-in the blank, journal pages, etc.) are not accepted.
- Minimum page count for adult and teen books is 100 pages.
AskWCPL is available
Mon-Fri: 9 AM - 5 PM
We are not available when libraries are closed for a holiday or inclement weather.